1.5 km away from Stolzembourg are the remains of the former copper mine. For more than 500 years, the copper-bearing veins of the "Klangbaach" have attracted several investors to Stolzembourg, alt-hough it is far from any industrial district.
Around 1856, 1882, 1901 and 1938 was the dismantling considerable. The biggest problem was always the water which flooded the galleries over and over again. The geological path permits the evaluation of the remains by putting back the mining site in its historical, geological and environmental state. In recent years, a part of the underground galleries has been made accessible to the interested public. 50 meters below ground, the visitors learn about the difficult degradation of the copper ore.