The "Syndicat d’Initiative Stolzebuerg" is pleased to announce that from Sunday, June 27th, 2021 the copper mine will be open again. Guided tours for individual visitors will take place on Sunday, June 27th and Sunday, July 4th, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.

From Sunday, July 11th to Sunday, August 29th, 2021 there will be a guided tour every day at 2 p.m. During the months of September and October, a tour is planned every Sunday at 2:00 p.m.

Online reservations are required for each visit. Tickets can be ordered via www.visit-eislek.lu  or our website

As before, tours for groups can be booked directly on this page. The visits take place in compliance with the valid COVID-19 rules.

St.-Odo-Church: Parish Church of the parish of Stolzembourg

Introduction

The villagescape of Stolzembourg is characterized by the modern castle, built on the top of the hill, with the church building at the foot of the castle (Schlossberg). The massive tower, dating from the old church (1761), points to the church built in 1885.

The castlechapel was probably the first church in Stolzembourg. then followed:

  • 1585 Separation from the parish of Hosingen. The parish had then a larger chapel, Pancratius was ordained.
  • 1761 Enlargement or new building of the church. New church patron is now the Holy Odo.
  • 1885 Year of construction of today's parish church..
  • 1955 Renovation of the church in 1955. Building of the Campanile and consecration of two new bells.
  • 1957 Purchase of an organ and its consecration.

The saints of the side altars are typical land saints

Pankratius, Ice Saints (feast of May 12th), is the protector of the young seed and the blossoms, which each time got swept away by the late night froze in the north unprotected valley.

Odo, the chief patron of the church since 1761, was the second abbot of the Cluny monastery (+942), and led the reform movement of the monasteries, to which the book in his left hand points. The new construction of the church of Stolzembourg gave occasion to make him the first patron of an ever-reforming (book), because of the threatened (monster at his feet) church.

The St. Eligius (+1.12.660), is the patron of the goldworkers and blacksmiths, but also the peasants who call him for horse diseases. He carries tongs and hammers in his right hand.

The St. John of Nepomuk (+1393) was overthrown in Prague by Charles Bridge in the Vltava because of the defense of the church rights and the refusal to break the confessional secrets. The Bridge Saint is considered a helper in water crisis. It is well known that before the construction of the dam, the tearing flood of Our flooded parts of the valley and often threatened

Partenaires